Family Tree Root
Sosa : 10
- Born 16 February 1873 - Newton, Harvey Co., KS
- Baptized 4 April 1879 - St. Patrick's Church, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
- Died 13 June 1941 - Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI , age at death: 68 years old
- Buried - Sect. 32-37, Row 28, Forest Hill Cem., Eau Claire, WI
- Henry Clay Ashbaugh, born 27 August 1844 - Worthington, Franklin Co., OH, died 13 March 1916 - Lawrence, Douglas Co., KS age at death: 71 years old , buried 16 March 1916 - Sect. 32-37, Row 28, Forest Hill Cem., Eau Claire, WI
Married 27 April 1870, Camden Mills, Rock Island Co., IL, to
- Emeline Elizabeth Archer, born 16 February 1846 - Sterling, Whiteside Co., IL, died 25 December 1921 - Los Angeles Co., CA age at death: 75 years old , buried - Sect. 32-37, Row 28, Forest Hill Cem., Eau Claire, WI
Spouses, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren
- Married 30 August 1893, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI, to Catherine Maria Horan, born 31 May 1871 - Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI, baptized 16 September 1871 - St. Patrick's Church, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI, died 12 February 1937 - Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI age at death: 65 years old , buried - Sect. 32-37, Row 28, Forest Hill Cem., Eau Claire, WI (Parents : John William Horan 1833-1902..1910 & Alecia McDonough 1836-1911) (see note) with
- Harriet Ellen Ashbaugh 1895-1899
- John Henry Ashbaugh 1897-1960 married 18 November 1918, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN, to Esther Ann Montgomery 1897-1968 with
- Elizabeth Madeline Ashbaugh 1900-1982 married to William James McDonald 1892-1966 with
- Birdie Kathryn Ashbaugh 1902-1991 married 10 September 1921, Church of Holy Spirit, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN, to Lamoine Montgomery Dowling 1899-1975 with
- Florence Rosemary Ashbaugh 1904-1993 married 1 July 1944, St. Charles, Hollywood, CA, to Norman J. Stivers 1902-1982
- Married 3 October 1939 to Jennie Fitzpatrick McKeen, born 1 January 1868 - Wisconsin, died after 1940
Paternal grand-parents, uncles and aunts
Maternal grand-parents, uncles and aunts
rootsweb: Click Here
linked to: Timothy Michael Dowling, Great Grandfather
census:  Page 6/431B, ED 232, Newton, Harvey Co., KS
event: Address  1002 2d Avenue, Rock Island, IL
event: Address [between 1891 and 1892] 1204 State, Eau Claire, WI
census:  Ward 3, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
census:  Page 170, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
census:  1110 5th Ave., Sheet 9A, Ward 6, District 6, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
event: Address [12 september 1918]
source: WWI Draft Registration Cards
Roll: 1674598 1110 5th Ave., Eau Claire, WI
census:  1110 5th Ave., Sheet 8A, Ward 6, District 6, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
census:  1110 5th Ave., Page 17A, ED 13, Ward 6, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
census:  1110 Fifth Ave., Page 11B, ED 18-14A, Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co., WI
occupation: Owner, Printing Shop
Eau Claire Leader, Friday morning, June 13, 1941:
Fred N. Ashbaugh, 68 Dies Suddenly in His Print Shop
Oldest Son of Late H. C. Ashbaugh, Free Press Editor
Fred N. Ashbaugh, 68, proprietor of the Ashbaugh Printing company, died suddenly yesterday afternoon in his print shop, 213 Barstow street.
He was alone when he died.
When he arrived at the shop at 2 o'clock in the afternoon he complained to James Potter, his printer, that he was not feeling well. He felt distressed, he told Potter, and took a little milk of magnesia for relief, Potter said.
He appeared to feel better. However, later in the afternoon when Potter returned after stepping out to purchase a flash light, he found Ashbaugh slumped on the floor, between a press and the wall, apparently lifeless. Potter summoned help and Dr. Nels Werner, who was also summoned, pronounced him dead.
Mr. Ashbaugh was a member of the Eau Claire council, Knights of Columbus for more than 30 years.
He is survived by his widow; one son, John H., of Eau Claire; three daughters, Florence R. and Elizabeth M.) Mrs. William J. McDonald, both of Tucson, Ariz., and (Birdie K.) Mrs. LeMoine Dowling, of Minneapolis; one sister, Mrs. S. L. Kern, Long Beach, Cal., and two brothers William and Lewis B., both of Los Angeles, Cal.
Funeral arrangements have not been announced.
Fred N. Ashbaugh was the oldest son of the late H. C. Ashbaugh, who edited and published the old Eau Claire Free Press here for years. Ashbaugh bought the paper on March 9, 1880, and continued its publication until 1902, when he sold the paper to C. W. Fiske, who merged it with the Evening Telegram.
After disposing of the paper, Ashbaugh retired from active life and moved to Denver, Colo., where he died some years ago.
Fred Ashbaugh remained in Eau Claire and had operated a print shop ever since the Free Press was sold by his father.
-- GEDCOM (INDI) --
2 SOUR IGI Record - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Family Search International Genealogical Index v4.01 - - Electronic - [http://www.familysearch.orgThe Internationl Genealogical Index (IGI) is a collection of millions of deceased persons from throughout the world. The records include information from individual research and extracted original vital records from the early 1500's to about 1885. The index lists names, dates, and places for births, christenings, and marriages.] - Batch Number: 8531006, Source Call No.: 1396127, Sheet: 41
Batch Num T000155, Source Call No.: 0AR REC
Marriage with Catherine Maria Horan
there is a marriage listed for Fred M Ashbaugh & Cassie M Sherman on 5 Aug 1894 in Dunn County, Volume 2, Page 329
- Birth, death: Dowling Family Tree - Tim Dowling - rootsweb, 2001-2013 - - electronic - I0127
- Baptism: St. Patrick's Parish Records - - Book