Souche de l'Arbre
- Née le 20 mai 1826 - Ohio or Johnstown, PA
- Décédée le 15 mars 1909 - Chippewa Co., WI , à l’âge de 82 ans
Union(s), enfant(s) et les petits enfants
- Mariée avant 1855 avec X Robert
- Mariée le 10 juin 1855 , Eagle Point, Chippewa Co., WI, avec Thomas Hughs McCann , né en 1831 - Tazwell Co., IL , décédé le 15 avril 1902 - Chippewa Falls, Chippewa Co., WI à l’âge de 71 ans (Parents : Stephen Smith McCann 1811-1880 & Sarah Hughs 1814- ) dont
Frères et sœurs
- Wilhelmina Rachel Johnston 1813-1895 Mariée avant 1835 avec Marcus W. Huntley †1836
Wilhelmina Rachel Johnston 1813-1895 Mariée le 22 novembre 1842 , Prairie Du Chien, Crawford Co., WI, avec Stephen Smith McCann 1811-1880
- Thomas P. Johnston 1821..1822- Marié le 20 mars 1845 , Pope Co., IL, avec Parnella Ann Nokes
Thomas P. Johnston 1821..1822- Marié le 11 septembre 1850 , Washington Co., IL, avec Elizabeth Haile 1832..1833-
- Mary W. Johnston 1822..1824- Mariée le 2 décembre 1847 , Hamilton Co., OH, avec Henry McCoy
Mary W. Johnston 1822..1824- Mariée le 20 novembre 1851 , Washington Co., IL, avec Noah Washburn
- Richard Johnston ca 1832-
- Zelphia Johnston 1836..1837- Mariée le 10 juin 1855 , Eagle Point, Chippewa Co., WI, avec Daniel McCann 1838-1925
rootsweb: Click Here
WSGS Newsletter Vol. 29, No. 3, Jan 1983, Chippewa Co., 5
Earliest Recorded Marriages is Chippewa Co., WI, Vol I, Chippewa Co., Records, No. 12
Marriage No.'s 12 and 13, double wedding, McCann brothers married Johnston sisters.
Jun 10, 1855, Married at Eagle Point by Stephen S. McCann, J. P.
Thomas Hughes McCann, farmer, son of Stephen S. and Sarah Hughes McCann
married Mrs. Sarah Jane Robert, daughter of Thomas and Zelphia Stout Johnston.
Daniel McCann, farmer, son of Stephen S. and Sarah Hughes McCann
married Zelphia Johnston, daughter of Thomas and Zelphia Stout Johnston.
Sarah Jane (Johnston) McCann
Iron River Pioneer, Apr 18, 1909
Monday afternoon, March 15th 1909, grandmother McCann departed this life as a ripe sheaf garnered into eternity. May 20, 1826, marked her birth in Johnstown, PA. Her childhood, that of Sara Johnston, was spent there and later in Illinois, whence in 1854 she moved to Chippewa Falls, Wis., Here she was united in marriage the following summer to the late Thos. H. McCann, who from that time of early settling in Chippewa County shared with her joy and sorrow until his death 11 years ago.
These remaining years Mrs. McCann spent with her children. Being at home largely with her daughter Mrs. C. Miller, of Iron River, Wis. To survive her aged departure she leaves besides the descendants of J.J. McCann and Mrs. Dressell. 6 children; 30 grandchildren; 27 great grandchildren and many friends. 9 children having preceded her in death.
The deceased was reared in the M.E. Church to which she remained faithful and in whose charge will be held the funeral service at Chippewa Falls, where some of the near relatives will accompany the remains and internment will be made. Thus is removed a life of true service. She was for many years a mother of the neighborhood, nursing and caring for the sick and her own suffering was borne with marked endurance to the last. Many lessons in life she left as a legacy to her loved ones who will cherish her memory not as lost, but gone before.
Mrs. Thomas McCann died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Columbus Miller, Monday afternoon, March 15, at 4 O'clock, of a general breakdown of health due to old age. The deceased would have been 83 years of age had she lived until next May. Her husband died a number of years ago at Chippewa Falls and her remains were taken to that city yesterday morning for the burial and the interment will take place today.
Two sons and four daughters survive and all are expected to attend the funeral. They are Thomas McCann of Sheldon, Wis; William of Holyoke, Minn., Mrs. George Reana and Mrs Fred Long of Solon Springs, Wis. Mrs. George Long, of Alberta, Can. and Mrs. Columbus Miller of this city. Services were held at the Miller home yesterday morning before the remains were borne away to the place of permanent rest, Rev. C.E. Maves officiating.
- Naissance, décès: Dowling Family Tree - Tim Dowling - rootsweb, 2001-2013 - - electronic - I19251
- Union 2: Chippewa Co., WI Marriage Records - - Other - No. 12 - Justice of the Peace: Stephen S. McCann